the first snow

Snow :)

The first real snow.

There is something about it that relaxes me. It makes me instantly merry. I want to swirl around in circles in it, batting the flakes off my eye lashes and catching them on my tongue, just like a little girl.

It's so refreshing and purifying.

It's so beautiful.

I was to curl up on a couch, with Christmas light twinkling with some hot beverage and a good book. It's makes me feel cozy and peaceful.

I love the holidays.

I love the snow. For now. :)

I live in a place with 4 very distinct seasons. I love them all very much for their own unique personalities. More than anything though, I love the hint of change.

The first snow,

The dripping of water and the appearance of buds in spring.

The first night I can drive home from work with my windows down.

The first sound of the tree frogs and glimpse of a firefly.

The distinct smell of fall and the crispness that fills the air.

I love the change and the anticipation of the change even more than I love each season, if that's even possible.

So far on my journey, change has been slow and gradual, and yet, I love the anticipation of knowing that something is coming.

Just like nature, my life holds many seasons. I cannot help think that this year of commitment is leading to more change, whatever that may be.

I am eagerly anticipating this change just like little boys and girls anticipate the first snow, with wide eyed enthusiasm.

Ah snow, thank you for the reminder that I am a change in the making.

Welcome winter.

Welcome change.

I'm glad you're here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

adorning

lost causes...

dude maintain