full circle


Full Circle

A long time ago, my mother went on a mission trip and met my father...

They married and life was not uneventful but about 14 years later I arrived on the scene by way of what my mother calls a bit of a "surprise".

My siblings were planned for and prayed for but I, well, I snuck in.

I was fortunate to be raised in a home where the Lord was taught clearly and he took possession of my heart at a very young age. I was also fortunate to have a mother that prayed for her children. 

I remember sometimes in high school dreading that fact that every Friday morning without fail my mother came to school to pray. Moms are so embarrassing. Besides that, she might talk to one of my teachers and find out that I wasn't really "applying myself" the way I ought to be.

Fast forward to today.

Today, at the mission, we celebrated accomplishments. We honored people who had passed through different phases of our long term program for life focus and substance abuse regeneration. Some of the clients are ones that I have labored with and case managed, others I have taught in class.

(I teach Family Dynamics...take a moment to let the hilarity of that sink in.)

This morning I not only had the honor of attending and celebrating individuals that I have grown to love and respect, I also was honored to lead worship. I love to sing and to honor the Lord with my voice and jump and any chance I have to do so.

After the program the mother of one of my students who graduated came to me and asked if I was Connie Koning's daughter.

I told her I was.

She then began to tell me of her connections to my family.

She told me that she had prayed with my mom back when I was in high school. She also told me that her father in law was the pastor who married my parents.

I stood chatting with her for a while and she said to me, "We prayed for our kids together when you were in high school, in hopes that they would turn out like...well you." 

I was overwhelmed by that sentiment. I know that I really am nothing very special but I also know what she meant. She meant that as moms they met to pray that their children would grow up and walk with the Lord. 

What amazed me was the way things had circled back.

A man who devoted his life to serving the Lord invested in my parents when he married them.

My parents planned to have two kids but God gave them three.

My mother and that pastor's daughter in law invested in my life when they prayed for me as a high school student.

I grew up and was able to invest in the life of a son and grandson because God was faithful and answered the prayers of some moms. 

The Lord works in ways that we cannot even begin to imagine. He has things set in motion that will affect circumstances that we don't even know exist yet. He is timeless. He is faithful. He has no beginning and no end yet He knows our beginning and our end.

So wherever you're at today, just know, it is NOT outside of the view of the Lord. He has plans set in motion that reach far beyond your plans or your understanding. He isn't wasting time, He isn't ignoring circumstances. He is working all things out for His glory.

I cannot help but give praise to the Lord tonight for His power and planning. I have to give Him the glory for bringing just one tiny portion of the world full circle today. 

I rarely know what He is up to, but I always know that He is faithful.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

adorning

lost causes...

dude maintain