get. up.

Have I mentioned that this is "Christmas Musical week"?

I'm not sure if I have made that clear that last few days.

Today was round one.

It snowed all day. Our road remained unplowed and 30 minutes to showtime I stared our the window, trying to hold onto my Pollyanna optimism and confidence hoping even a few people would come. As it turned out some people were brave and we had a respectable size audience.

Now, my little crew is not a group of professionals by any stretch of the imagination, but they put their hearts and souls into the production. Over the years these plays have grown. We started a few years back with one run of a cheery little musical. Tonight we completed the first of two full blown dinner theaters.

Things went well tonight, for the most part.

All until the moment I fell off the stage. Thats right...right on my backside. It was graceful to day the least. My pride, my arm and my...backside all came out bruised. I managed to roll with it and the play continued without further incident but now, as I write this, I am genuinely sore.

It was silly really, just a funny gag right near the end of the play, the step tipped and my legs flew through the air as I crashed to the ground. I actually wound up exactly where I was supposed to have sat myself down.

Do you know the ridiculous part?

Our play is set in a diner in the 1950's...the first scene, I spend on skates.

Those...caused me no issue.

All the things that I could have possibly conjured up in my mind that could have gone wrong, that would never have come up.

I think it just goes to show, we cannot anticipate much in life, we simply have to roll with what comes. Life has a way of knocking us flat on out our backsides at times but we have to get up, press on, keep moving.

If we fall, get up.
If we get hurt, let it mend.
We might break or bruise but we are only destroyed if we stay down.

I wont lie to you, tomorrow will be tough, my body hurts.

But everyday is tough.

Its silly as I sit here, I have the lyrics of an old "Superchick" song in my head. Yes, I know I am old. I think this song is from high school.

It says:
If I get up I might fall back down again, but let's get up come on
If I get up I might fall back down again, but we get up anyway...

Not super deep I know but it doesn't always have to be rocket science.

When you fall...get up.

Today, I fell hard literally. Somedays I fall hard in other ways, but when it happens...
Get back up.

You're welcome... :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

adorning

lost causes...

dude maintain