greater

Yesterday, as things were shaking lose all around me, my coworker described so well how I felt.

She suffered a very hard loss and through tears said, "It's like today the pain was worse, well not worse, greater."

Greater.

That would resonated in my.

I took a moment to write down what she said because it was so accurate and I didn't want to forget it.

Over the last few weeks that warfare that has surrounded me has been incredible. I have experienced some victories but also have crumbled in intense defeat. Somehow, each thing that piles on makes the burden seem greater.

Today at work, I had an amazing reminder of what actually is greater.

God's love is greater.

My God is greater

I feel like I may have said this very thing last night, but I need to say it over and over again to remind myself of what is true.

The enemy is shouting lies of failure, defeat, fear, anxiety, brokenness, pain and so much more. I have truly never experienced a season quite like this in all my life.

I keep thinking of the words of the song "Greater"
There'll be days I lose the battle. Grace says that it doesn't matter, cause the cross has already won the war
I have felt that war around me in such a real way for the last month. It is real. But so is my God and He already won.

Yes, the pain my be greater, but there is nothing in this world greater than my God.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

adorning

lost causes...

dude maintain