a poem

The musical has been kind of all consuming, I'm tired, slightly slap happy, and my mind is spinning with details sooooo heres a little nonsensical poetry tonight...you're welcome.

'Twas the night before the musical and all through my brain all the details were spinning and making me insane.

With curlers in my hair and a list in my mind a peaceful night of sleep might be hard to find.

The lines are all memorized and the stage is all set, we have practiced and it's as ready as it's going to get.

The songs have been sung time after time we worked so hard to learn our blocking and lines.

I am all tucked cozy in my bed with mountains of curlers attached to my head.

When what should my wandering brain find so clear but the fact that this musical happens but once a year.

It's easy to get wrapped up in details and stress, it's easy to fear it will just be a mess.

But the reason behind why we perform every play is to bring the message of Christ in a new unique way.

We will sing and dance and tell a sweet story in hopes that our Savior receives all the glory.

So onward and upward break a leg we will say as we take to the stage on Saturday.

We know God's in control of all the things that make us worry he wants us to enjoy and not get lost in the scurry

So as I drift off to sleep and the world fades from my sight, I'll say, "I can't wait for the play tomorrow night."




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

adorning

lost causes...

dude maintain