reboot

As I was thinking today about what I was going to write I sort of chuckled because I felt like the title that had settled in my heart was funny after what I wrote last night.

This morning I asked my "goal girls" if anyone else felt in need of a little reboot. It all seemed like we were all floundering a bit on the things we set out to accomplish.

I chuckled at the word reboot because last night was called crash.

I have a technologically savvy friend, who I complain to most anytime my computer gives me trouble. The most consistent advise he gives me is to simply reboot. Kick it off and then back on.

It's almost obnoxious to me how often that solves the problem. There were too many windows open, the system was overloaded. It simply needs to be shut down completely, cleared out and rebooted.

Do you ever feel like that? Like you are failing in your life because you simply have too many "windows" open on you "home-screen"? Too many programs pulled up that are sapping your time, energy and drive. It's ok to clear the stage, shut it all down or even like I said yesterday, crash.

But don't stop there, make sure that after the crash you reboot.

Start fresh.

Take a deep breath and go again.

This time maybe open less windows, give yourself some grace. Rebooting isn't failure, it's perseverance.

I once heard perseverance described as when you fall down 7 times, you get up 8.

I don't really understand computers, hence my constant whining and frustration with mine, so I don't know the science behind the reboot. In life however, I believe it's safe to say from my experience that every time I reboot, I developed a little bit more strength.

Every time I choose to start over, I defeat the enemy who was trying to get me to stop all together.

Maybe today you are looking around thinking, "I can't do this!!! I'll never overcome this, I'll never be strong enough, good enough. My life is too overwhelming."

That is the enemy.

Shut it all down.

Shut down the voices.
Shut down the pressure.
Shut down the distraction.

Shut. It. Down.

Get before Jesus and ask Him to reboot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

adorning

lost causes...

dude maintain