all is calm, all is bright

Yesterday, I didn't have much to say, my brain has been consumed by work, musical and just powering through life.

But I wrote a little blurb about my hatred for cats.

Today, I still don't have much to say, although I am more rested. I could type you out my list of things to do because that is what is swirling around in my head. The good news is, the world will not end if I don't accomplish them all. I am learning that it is ok to release things. It's ok not to carry every part of every burden around. It's good to trust that even if you fail, or miss something that ultimately what matters is that you did your best to do what the Lord asks of you and then trusted Him with the details.

Somehow in this journey the Lord is teaching me to release my grip and enjoy the journey. He is teaching me that I don't have to be so hard on myself all the time and that not every burden is mine to carry and not every battle is mine to fight. 

He is teaching me to slow down, look around, pray, run, laugh.

He is teaching me to stop downplaying my talents and abilities and embrace them as what makes me unique and beautiful. He is teaching me to release my insecurities and trust that He didn't make a mistake when He created me. He is teaching me that I am a divine work in progress and that I am not who I once was, nor am I all that I am meant to become.

Sometimes we simply have to learn to stop the world for a moment and be encouraged by the little things.

The enemy wants us crushed by the pressure and of it all and running frantic. He wants us so distracted by everything we deem important that we cant see what really is. He wants us to feel frustrated, annoyed, awkward, angry and anything else that can keeps us from focusing on what we really need to. He wants our datebooks filled, our desks piled high, our TV's blasting, our phones in front of our face. He wants to do anything he can to keep us from stopping for a moment to rest in the arms of the Lord. The enemy wants to keep us on a constant merry-go-round of confusion, stress and noise. 

Let's climb of the merry-go-round.

Let's be still and know that He is God.

We can trust Him with the details. He already knows what's going to happen anyway.

Tonight, as I walked out side for a moment, I was stricken by the intense silence and the peaceful beauty of the falling snow. It was like the world was frozen except the giant flakes fluttering down from the sky. That is how my heart feels tonight, all is calm, all is bright.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

adorning

lost causes...

dude maintain