being there

Sometimes I work late and fall asleep with my phone in hand trying to write these words.

Sometimes, like tonight, I keep my words few because sitting up late talking with my bestie is more important.

I'm on a couch outside of Cincinnati. I hopped in the car today straight from work to come here to celebrate the first birthday of a special little girl.

A year ago, I hopped in the car straight from work to go and to a hospital outside of Cincinnati to be there when this same little girl was born.

I was laughing with my friend tonight about how I always have a "go bag" ready. It's true. I usually can be ready to roll fairly quickly. It makes it easy for me to be there for the important moments in the lives of people I love.

So tonight, I'll keep it short, cause I'm busy...

being there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

by faith

my first New Year's Eve alone

reconnect