wonder

Today is Easter. The day that we celebrate the power of the resurrected Christ. 

I'll be frank. This morning, was not my finest hour. I didn't sleep well, I was frazzled. I had a lot to get done. There were eggs to stuff and hide, crafts to wrangle, songs to rehearse. So much to do, so little time. 

I really didn't take time to stand in wonder of what this day really means.

As I write these words, I'm once again in my hammock. 

The sun has dipped from the sky. For the last hour I have laid here doing but watch the sun slip past the horizon. The Lord has painted a one of a kind vision across the sky that has taken my breath away.

As I laid here listening to the birds sing, feeling the breeze and watching the sky, I was reminded of words from psalm 8.

When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, and the son of man that you care for him? Yet you have made him a little lower than the heavenly beings and crowned him with glory and honor. 
Psalms 8:3-5


Something the Lord has been speaking to me about a LOT of late, is stillness. It's not new but once again it has come to the service in my walk with him. 

Tonight, I sat (ok laid) in stillness before the Lord and was overwhelmed by his gentle love and mercy to me. I was amazed and stood in wonder that the God of the universe wants to meet with me in stillness. 

The same God who sent His Son to be the ransom and redemption of MY sin wants to be present with me. 

This morning, going to church, was anything but worshipful for me. But tonight, in the quiet I found myself in the presence of my Savior. 

As I watched the sun, I thought of the Son and tears of joy filled my eyes. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

by faith

my first New Year's Eve alone

reconnect